Thursday 26 January 2012

First Four

Photobucket
An epic beginning...

First off, nobody but NOBODY will ever remember their first music download or MP3 like we older headbangers remember our first album on cassette/vinyl. Its just not going to happen. There is a 'romance' about those music formats that newer ways of listening to music just cannot touch. A case of technology creating, but also killing.
Ive been in love with heavy metal since the first time I heard it way baaaack in 1981. And the first albums I ever bought (after many pleas to my mother for more pocket money) you can see right there in the above picture. Those are the actual cassettes too, bought in WHSmiths of all places.

Iron Maiden ~ Iron Maiden
Kiss ~ Destroyer
Ozzy Osbourne ~ Bark At The Moon
AC/DC ~ High Voltage

Now before any eagle eyed moshers comment on the Ozzy cassette, yes that is the Talk Of The Devil album in the photograph because sadly due to a house move I lost my Bark At The Moon vinyl *Sad F**king Face* I also lost the So Tired EP too, as well as a bunch of Misfits & Samhain coloured vinyls so I was extra bastard gutted.
With the sheer fistbanging quality in this quartet of albums its little wonder I have remained a Metalhead ever since, and my pedigree in the music is f**king FLAWLESS!! See you at the pit \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.