Tuesday 26 April 2011

Fried Chicken ~ Ballad Of The Breadcrumb

Photobucket
One word: Awesome

May believe fried chicken was created in the Southern American states but truth is, this delicious food has been in the UK and Europe since the medieval period. In Italy, fried chicken was known as pollo fritto. It was Scottish immigrants who introduced our American cousins to this culinery delight, because unlike the english who boiled or roasted their chicken, the Scottish deep fried it in fat. Like I would have done. 'Tis the metal thing to do.
There is an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the characters are in the prehistoric time and they discover fire and begin frying their food. They start frying everything because fried food TASTES F**KING GREAT!
I had a KFC like most children but it was at a picnic or barbecue that I remember really believing I had bit into Heaven's thigh when I had it. It was a simple meal of fried chicken and coleslaw and man I thought Id hit the mother lobe! It was the heroin for my taste buds and im not exaggerating here.
Fried chicken is the Second Coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.